
The fun began with a tour of Ethel M Chocolate Factory. It was way small but interesting. I loved the pink and brown motif and all the fun sayings about chocolate....I wish I would have taken pictures of them so I could remember them. The kids loved the chocolate samples at the end. Now off to Cali....
McKenna and I were so excited to go to American Girl Place in LA again. This time McKenna brought Samantha and her money . It wasn't crowded at all....not like last summer. We looked at EVERYTHING while she decided what to get. It was so fun. Of course the boys didn't like it and wanted to go. Savannah loved the Bitty Baby section (another AG fan in the making :). McKenna decided to get Chrissa treat set so that her girls could have some food to eat. Its a cute set....good choice Nanas! Next time we will have to eat at the AG Cafe. Can't wait!
Ok...its another journal type entry. We had a mini Temple photo shoot and tons of memories came back to me....read on.....After American Girl we met Laura at the LA Temple and walked around and chatted for awhile. Here they are on the famous tree which they loved.
Of course it was another beautiful warm sunny California day and the memories came flooding back. The LA Temple has very special memories for me. Since we lived only 20 minutes away from the Temple, we went often. I can't count how many times I went there. Baptisms for the Dead, Sunday drives etc. Often on Sunday when I was a senior in high school ( and could finally drive) I would make the 20 minute pilgrimage to the Temple. Usually it was with my best girlfriend. We would walk around the Temple talking about whatever...serious stuff, future stuff, etc. Back then we could request to watch church movies in the Visitor's Center. Movies like "Greater Love" and "The Phone Call". It was a blast.
Having the opportunity to share this with my children now and create new memories with them is awesome. I am so grateful for that. I know they are young and don't get why the LA Temple is so special to me but I hope someday they will. As with all Temples there is a special feeling there....the Spirit of course, but I think its more pronounced since the Temple is right in the middle of the worldliness of LA...the extreme wealth, the focus on possessions...cars, clothes (Rodeo Dr isn't far), the film industry......its a dichotomy for sure. The temple sits up on a huge green hill and overlooks all this wealth. When you drive into the grounds you feel like you are in a whole different place, miles away from all the frivolity. Its a sanctuary, quiet, peaceful and beautiful.




3 comments:
Looks like SUCH a good trip! There is an AG store outside of Atlanta, but we will just be a couple of hrs from the AG store in NY. I think Shayla will be able to talk me into going!
The thought of a pilgramage to downtown SLC makes me tired! Hoever, I'd say sharing that place with the kids would be pretty close to the experience here in LA with your kids!
such good pictures! love that temple, we never do a cali trip without going there, good memories... to be young again wow good times (hee-hee) thats the one thing I really miss is the movies.
You were here and didn't come to the Manhattan Beach ward to see us?? Next time!
I can't believe how fast your kids are growing. You're still supposed to be a laurel in YW.
Melody
Post a Comment