Wednesday, December 9, 2009

First Day of School

(Big sigh.........) another school year is starting and I have to admit this year I just wasn't ready to have the kids go back to school. I love having the kids home with me. Sure they fight and get bored etc, they're kids. We thoroughly enjoy summer and the break from the routine. Don't get me wrong, I like this time of year. New clothes, new backpacks, new shoes, new haircuts, school supplies, new excitement for the new school year. I guess I'm just not ready to begin the whole routine again. I shall forge forward and carry on.... This year brought some new changes too. First of all, Matthew started Kindergarten. He's so ready to venture out on his own to school and have some independence. He's such a good boy, I'm excited for him and what lies ahead for him. He has a fantastic teacher, I'm thrilled he will be in her class. Secondly, isn't a huge deal, but its still a deal nonetheless...McKenna joined the ranks of her fellow family members and had to get glasses. She was excited (thank goodness). I'm afraid she's got the curse from both her parents. Matthew the kindergartner and his beloved puppy Benton a big 5th grader
McKenna 3rd grade...check out the cute new glasses!

I started a new tradition this year and made a gian chocolate chip cookie
to celebrate the 1st day of school.






No comments: