Monday, October 20, 2008

A trip down memory lane

We've been talking about going down to Provo to show the kids BYU for a few years and we finally did it this last Saturday. It was a beautiful warm day. It has been many years since I was on campus, so much has changed, and some things were exactly the same. Some places were like walking back in time....weird. And some I didn't recognize at all. It was so fun to walk around and relive so many memories. The kids loved seeing BYU and all the fun it has to offer like the donut/pastry shop in the Cougareat, the candy counter at the bookstore, the enormous library, being underground in the library and the raquetball courts in the RB. I have such wonderful memories of my short time at BYU...I sure am grateful I had the opportunity to go there.
near the HFAC


What's this? We were walking along and came across this huge building where another building that I can't remember the name of used to be. There is a huge courtyard with this pretty fountain now and come to find out it is the Joseph F. Smith building. (I think, I hope I got that right)


Check out this picture that Benton took. I think there might be a photographer in the family! :) He also took the picture of the Y at the beginning of this post. Awesome job!

Legacy Hall? What's that? That's what I was thinking when we came across this new building near the RB and Smith Field House. Its a building entirely devoted to BYU sports memorabilia and such. The kids of course loved this ginormous cougar.

No comments: